School Gateway App
Academy Communication and Parent/Carer Payment System, Schoolcomms and School Gateway
Communication with subject teachers, pastoral staff or leadership
We welcome any questions you may have regarding your child and his/her progress or wellbeing whilst at Aston. Please send your query/question through email@example.com and it will be forwarded to the relevant member of staff.
We operate a system that makes communication between Aston Academy and home quicker and more efficient.
In order to help us to keep in regular contact with you, we use ‘Schoolcomms’. This is a system that enables us to send you key information via text messages and emails. We also email academy letters that are issued and praise and reward items including letters of commendation and certificates.
Schoolcomms allows you to make payments online for lunches, school trips and extra-curricular events that may require a monetary contribution. This means that cash and cheques do not need to be brought into school and payments can be automatically linked to students electronically, saving time for home and school.
In order for this system to be most effective we are asking that you provide us with current mobile telephone numbers and email addresses. Through gathering this information we can ensure that you receive information regularly and timely. Keeping up-to-date records of contact information is crucial in order for this system to be at its most effective, so it is very important that you contact us promptly should any of your contact details change.
School Gateway enables you to make online payments via the School Gateway smartphone app or website. You will also be able to view school meal balances and top them up at any time.
You are notified by text or email when new items such as school trips are available for payment on School Gateway. You will also be able to give online consent, where required, for your child to take part in activities.
School Gateway makes it much easier for parents/carers to pay at any time.
This system will not be available to parents/carers until your child is on roll in September when you will be able to download and activate the app using the details overleaf.
Activating your School Gateway Account
Activating your School Gateway Account is quick and easy to do:
1. All you need is your email address and mobile number that the school holds on record for you.
2. Download the app: If you have a smartphone, please download School Gateway from your app store (Android and iPhone). The app shows the same information as the website. Instructions can be found below.
Visit the website: www.schoolgateway.com and click on ‘New User’. You’ll receive a text message with a PIN number. Use this PIN to log onto School Gateway.
If you’re having trouble logging in, it may be because we don’t have your current email and mobile phone number on record. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and will update your details on our system.
Getting Started – School Gateway
· Search for School Gateway
· Click on it
· Please enter your mobile number
· Please enter your address
· Click on NEW USER tab (once set up please use EXISTING USER)
· Schoolcomms will send you a 4 DIGIT PIN, if the information inputted matches what is on our school system
· If the information does not match then please contact us and we will make the relevant changes
· Please save the PIN text as if you need to access Schoolcomms on another device, you have your PIN available
· Search for Schoolcomms
· Log in
· Click on NEW USER (once set up will be EXISTING USER)
· Schoolcomms will send you a 4 DIGIT PIN if the information inputted matches what is on our school data system
· If the information does not match, then please contact us and we will make the relevant changes
Please ensure that we have received current mobile telephone numbers and email addresses to contact you.