Examination Results & Information
GCSE RESULTS 2017
We are delighted with the results of our Year 11 pupils, all of whom will now progress to places at Aston Academy’s Sixth Form, local colleges, apprenticeships and other post-16 providers.
- 73% of students achieved a grade 4+ in both English and Maths.
- 43% of students achieved a grade 5+ in both English and Maths.
- 67% of students were entered for the English Baccalaureate.
- 31% of students achieved Ebacc with 28% achieving a strong pass (Grade 5+ in English and Maths, and 2 sciences, a language and history/geography)
PROGRESS 8 SCORE:
- KS4 - Our Progess 8 score is to be confirmed, and Attainment 8 score is 50.61
Staff and pupils celebrated two years of dedication and hard work. All students can be commended for their hard work this year.
For more information on Progress 8 you can watch the video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IAEgFMSGDY
Post Y11 Destination Measures
At Aston Academy we are committed to ensuring that students leave with the necessary skills and qualifications to access post 16 education, training and employment. 2016 data shows that 262 of the 264 students who progressed from year 11 at Aston Academy this summer are in full time, education, training or employment.
POST 16 Results 2016
We are delighted that Aston Academy students have achieved excellent A Level/BTEC Level 3 results. Students, staff and parents have all worked hard to achieve high outcomes
Number of students at end of Y13 in 2016 = 137
A Level overview
Average grade = C +
Average Points Score = 32.4
A level value added = 0.18
Level 3 Applied qualifications
Average grade = Dist +
Average Points Score = 38.95
A level value added = 0.33
Post 16 Destinations
While some of our Post 16 students choose to enter apprenticeships or employment, the majority chose to go to university. We take pride in the comprehensive support and guidance we offer students through the application process. Below is a breakdown of student destinations in 2016.