At Aston we have high expectations of our students regarding uniform. All of our students in Years 7 to 11 wear full uniform. This reflects an important sense of belonging to our academy community. Our aim is to encourage the highest standards in all that we do as an academy and part of this is that our uniform reflects these standards. Our Post 16 students are not required to wear a uniform.
The uniform is as follows:
- Black blazer with academy badge. Blazer must be single breasted with a front pocket for the badge on the left side. The blazer must be plain black.
- White shirt with collar, short or long sleeved, tucked into trousers/skirt.
- Academy tie.
- Plain black skirt. This should be approximately knee length. Short/mini-skirts will not be allowed.
- Plain black trousers suitable so that a shirt can be tucked into them. The following will not be allowed: Jeans, tapered trousers, tight leggings/jeggings, skinny leg trousers, cords, combat trousers, tracksuit bottoms, flares, decorated trousers and ski pants. (The bottoms of the trousers should be wide enough so that they can be worn over a winter style boot).
- Plain black ’V’ neck jumper may be worn under the blazer in cold weather.
- Sensible low healed plain black footwear. The following are NOT acceptable: shoes or trainers with flashings or trims, stilettos or shoes with high heels over 3-4cm, sandals, open-toed shoes, sling back or backless shoes. Students are permitted to wear low heeled plain black boots during winter months. However, trousers must be worn outside of the boots.
- Religious headwear must be black.
- BASEBALL CAPS MUST NOT BE WORN OR BROUGHT INTO THE ACADEMY. A woolly hat may be worn to travel to and from the academy in cold weather but NO HATS are to be worn inside the academy.
- Non-uniform jumpers or sweatshirts MUST NOT BE WORN instead of a coat or jacket.
Click on the link below for more information about the academy uniform.